Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bon Journey!

No, that is not a typo. Last night we went to a free concert at the South Side Works to see the tribute band Bon Journey - obviously they cover Bon Jovi and Journey. Anyone one who knows me well knows my obsession with 70's and 80's classic rock. As a Pittsburgher, you would expect the greater part of the obsession to be consumed by Bon Jovi, but it isn't - I LOVE Journey! Despite the fact that the original lead singer (Steve Perry) no longer tours with them, I still go to any venue in the Pittsburgh vicinity where they are performing. Bummer for me - they haven't stopped in Pittsburgh in 2 years, so now I have a suitable alternative. Other bands that I will go see include STYX (coming in August!), Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, and Def Leppard.

Pathetic, I know - but I can't help it!

Here are a few more pictures from the evening - we went with Marina and Bill, a few of their friends, and then met up with our cousin Jackie later:




4 comments:

slowly growing old together said...

Nothing pathetic about this at all. NOTHING.

WASPy Girl said...

There aren't words. This is highly amusing.

Anonymous said...

What about Poison????? I am so disappointed in you my dear friend... already forget about me and our good ol' Posion days???? Wish I were home to rock with ya! Hugs from your long lost Cali friend!

Carla said...

TANYA!!!!

the only way i go to a Poison concert is with you...without you, it's just not the same!

so good to hear from you - glad to see that you are reading the blog!

miss you!