Thursday, April 8, 2010

Movie review

I had mentioned in a prior post about my love for Nicholas Sparks books.

Are they sappy?
Yes.

Are they sad?
Yes.

Are they a little cheesy?
At times, yes.

But they are easy reads and I have yet to read one that I haven't enjoyed.

Recently 2 of his books made it the big screen: Dear John back was released in February, and The Last Song was released last week. I saw both. I would have LOVED the films if I hadn't read the books, but still the movies were good (in my opinion). Of course they were not exactly like the books, but close enough for me.

I was anxious to see The Last Song. I finished the book last month, and I think it's safe to say that it is my favorite so far (The Choice was my favorite up until then). I am not a Miley Cyrus fan, who plays the main character, but she does a really good job.

I highly recommend the book and the movie...if you don't mind crying a little.

No comments: