Monday, April 19, 2010

United in Rock

I have mention in the past about my obsession with the 80's, right? Pretty sure that I have.

Love the movies.

Love the music.

Love the fashion (well, laughing at it now).

Here is list of CD's in my 6-disc changer in my car:
1. Journey
2. Def Leppard
3. STYX
4. Foreigner
5. John Mellencamp
6. REO Speedwagon

Yes, it's true...and it has been this way for years.

As I was pumping at 4AM this morning (last week for that!), I saw a commercial for the "United in Rock" tour which consists of Foreigner and STYX, with special guest Kansas.

I have seen Foreigner and STYX in concert many times...and let me tell you - for old guys, they ROCK! So needless to say, I will be at that concert. Date and venue have not been released yet, but Pittsburgh is on the list.

The last time I saw them was in 2006. Marina and I decided to go at the last minute. They were playing a small amphitheater in Pittsburgh. We showed up 45 minutes before the show, expecting to buy the general admission tickets and just walk around. Once we approached the ticket counter and the girl asked if we wanted to pay $5 more for good seats. Sure.

We had a blast in our 2nd row seats!

Can't wait for this summer!

Yes, I am a loser!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not a loser, you're classic! :) They're going to be at the "how do you like our new name" First Niagara Pavilion in Burgettstown. June 24!

Anonymous said...

Oops, meant to leave you a link.

bluzdude said...

No need for embarrassment... that's still solid music. You think the "artists" on the radio today will still be playing in 20 or 30 years?

You know how I get goosebumps?

"Oh mama I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law..."

Thump Thumpthump Thumpthump...