Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another Birthday

As an April Fool's baby, I expect jokes and such on my birthday. When I was younger this happened quite often. But as I grew up, the jokes occurred less frequently (not too saddened by this).

Yet - people still find it humerus that my birthday happens to fall on April Fool's day. Some say it's fitting, others ironic. Whatever...it doesn't bother me.

This year I had the choice whether or not to have the day off on my birthday, and I actually chose to work (in order to get Good Friday off so to have a 3 day weekend). People thought I was crazy to pass up having off on my birthday. No big deal, really. I went to work, met my mom for lunch (with Luci, of course), and had my usual Thursday night family dinner at my parents' house. I couldn't have ask for anything more than to hold my beautiful little girl while those who I love the most sang "Happy Birthday" to me.

My mom did get my the InStyler, which I have been wanting to buy for months, but couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a hair product. But my mom, being the savvy shopper that she is, got it cheaper than usual. I used it once so far, and I must say that it is not as damaging on your hair as a flat iron, and you hair looks more naturally straight too. I am a fan so far. I just need to figure out how to use it as a curling iron too.

Thank you to all sent me birthday wishes!

No comments: