Monday, June 1, 2009

Thrilled, but not getting too excited yet

Luci has slept 5-7 hours for the past couple of nights...amazing! I know that this may be a fluke, so I am not getting ahead of myself with excitement, but if this is any indication of the future - going back to work will not be a bad transition.

As a result of her longer sleeping patterns at night, she is clustering her feeds throughout the day now. She was going 3-5 hours with long naps in between. Now, she goes 2-3 hours with short little cat-naps in between. The nice thing is that awake longer and she doesn't fuss. Sometimes, I hold her and talk to her, and she smiles and laughs at me. Other times, I put her in her swing and she just stares at the window and makes all sorts of funny noises. She really only cries when she is hungry, and I don't fight her during the day if it means that she will sleep well through the night.

Also as a result of this new pattern - I am able to get up before John, exercise for about 20-30 minutes downstairs, shower, get dressed, and be ready for the day before John leaves for school. It's a nice little routine that we have gotten into over the past week.

We'll see how long this lasts...

3 comments:

slowly growing old together said...

I hope it lasts! Seriously, that is freaking awesome. I remember being excited when I got 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Go Luci! Knowing your ability to sleep HARD, her sleep tendencies do not surprise me.

When are you going back to work?

Sarah said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! Like, insanely so. I too hope this lasts for you guys. Can Luci coach my next baby? Maybe give a little seminar?

Carla said...

i am going back to work mid-july...already dreading it!