Thursday, May 7, 2009

The First Two Weeks

Luci is a doll! I can't get over the fact that I am her mother - still seems a little strange! But she is doing really well. She sleeps like an angel - only gets up about every 3 hours, and sometimes I have to wake her up to nurse at night. We went to the doctor's last Tuesday and this past Tuesday again - she gained 14 ounces in one week - she's a little piggy! But at least I know that she is getting adequate nutrition.

We have been getting so many visitors and she takes so well to being passed around so that everyone can have their turn to hold her. I love it when her eyes are wide open - she seems so curious as to her surroundings. Right now her eyes are a grayish-blue, so I hope that she has her Daddy's eye color (green) and we know that she has my eye shape (BIG!). We also know that she has my toes (the poor girl) - which means that her second toe is bigger than her first - something that John relentlessly teases me about!

She loves her quality time with her Daddy (as you can see in the picture above). But I am pretty sure that John enjoys it a little more!

Here is another link to some more pictures since we came home from the hospital:

3 comments:

slowly growing old together said...

I love the picture of her all swaddled up and sleeping. She's so tiny and looks so peaceful. What's crazy is that she'll be too big for that little swaddle blanket before you know it - especially if she's gaining 14 oz a week! She must be one good eater. How is the breastfeeding going? And how are you? I'm so glad you are enjoying being a mom - I had no doubt you'd be a pro. Can't wait to introduce the K to Luci! Much love to all of you...

Anonymous said...

Happy (1st) Mother's Day Carla! We hope that you had a wonderful day. The pictures of Luci are precious, can't wait to see her again. Love Cioci Barb & Uncle Larry

pajama mom said...

yes, happy mother's day! how's it going over there? we are all sick over here...