We went to see the specialist this morning. Everything looks good to go ahead with the version, so we are going to give it a try. It is scheduled for Wednesday morning.
The doctor at Magee was very reassuring that this is a good decision. Of course, there are risks, and they sound bad when they are said aloud, but being in the medical field I review potential risks with patients when obtaining consent for surgery daily - so it was nothing that I wasn't expecting. John, on the other hand, was a little freaked out for a short while.
The only thing that I have to focus on is staying very hydrated from now to Wednesday. When we went for the ultrasound last week, the amniotic fluid level was good, however, today it didn't seem as abundant. Then I realized why that might be - I assisted on two 5-hour cases on Thursday and Friday - which meant nothing to eat or drink during those cases and by the end my feet were HUGE! Then on Saturday, John and I were on a mission to get the house in order. He focused on cleaning out the garage and washed the cars while I dusted, mopped, vacuumed, and did the laundry. Again a day where I know that I didn't get adequate fluid intake. When I reported this to the doctor, he agreed that those 3 days definitely contributed to the change in the the amniotic fluid level. So I will constantly have a glass of water with me at all times from now till midnight on Tuesday night.
We also had a regular OB appointment this afternoon, and she continued the reassurance of our decision (which was great for John). If the version is not successful, then we are to call the office immediately to schedule the C-Section, which can be as early as April 23. Since John's birthday is the 24th - we might just have to pick that day...we'll see.
So that is where we are right now. I will definitely post the results on Wednesday. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and support - it really means alot!