Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Recovering

Last weekend, Luci woke up screaming at 4:00am. I went running into her room to find her still asleep, but crying. I scooped her up into my arms, and I knew immediately that she had a fever. She was calming down, so I didn't want to disturb her by shoving a thermometer up her butt for confirmation. I laid her back down in her crib, and went back to bed.

30 minutes later - another scream. This time, eyes wide open. So I took her temp - 102. I gave her Tylenol, nursed her, and she went right back to sleep. The next morning, her temp was down, but she was so incredibly congested, and she had been for about a week or so, but it was way worse. The clear snot turned yellowish-green, and you could hear her struggling to breath while eating and sleeping. I knew that her little cold turned into a full-blown sinus infection.

I called the pediatrician on Monday morning and got an appointment. He confirmed what I had suspected and put her on Amoxicillin. She never spiked a temp again, but her congestion is just now FINALLY subsiding.

Through all of this, I developed a sinus infection too. Hm mm...maybe because she loves to attack my entire face with her mouth wide open. I love the affection, but not the congestion. She sucked my chin so much last week that I still have a lingering hickey...people at work keep telling me to clean my chin thinking that it is ink or dirt. Nope, it's a sucker bite from my daughter!

No comments: