Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tough Decisions

It has been do-able-
-working full time and being a Mom.

Do-able, but exhausting.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad
if I didn't wake up at 4 or 4:30 every morning.

For the past few months, I just have not been feeling well.
Tired, tired, tired.

That's not me, and I don't like it.

So John and I talked about it and the decision has been made:
I am going part time starting this Fall.

I think that I will feel more rested.

Therefore, I think that I will be a better wife and mother,
and I will probably appreciate my job more.

Quality of life is just too important to me right now,
and being a Mom (actually, a good Mom) is most important.

4 comments:

J. said...

Great decision, Carla! I'm so excited for you.

Sarah said...

I hear you, loud and clear. B will be 2 this Friday and sometimes I STILL don't feel like I resemble the person I was pre-mommy. It IS inexplicably hard to be everything all at once.

I now have Fridays off and it's made a world of difference for me. My mom usually keeps B those days, so I have a few moments to do what I WANT to do, instead of worrying about laundry, grocery shopping, etc. Although I usually end up charting on Fridays, at least I can do it in my pajamas, with the TV on in the background and a big cup of coffee.

Good for you.

slowly growing old together said...

I agree, great decision! I love my part-time schedule. I'm at school three days a week; I have my mommy-share day on Tuesdays (so I have K and her little friend for the day); and then Fridays I have K all to myself. I do end up working some evenings or over the weekend, but it is so nice not to work 9-5 5 days a week.

What will your part-time schedule look like?

pajama mom said...

how exciting!