Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We missed it!

I mentioned in a prior post that Luci loves her little play-yard. She is totally entertained by all the hanging toys, and is content lying there for long periods of time.

But she is a mover and a shaker. I will lay her down and then 5 minutes later, she is turned 180 degrees, still on her back. She is able to do this by continuously rolling onto her side and then onto her back again.

Well earlier this evening, Luci was in her play-yard on her back when John and I sat down for dinner. Our family room, eating area, and kitchen all flow into one another, so it's nice to be able to sit at the table and eat while still keeping an eye on her. Anyway, we weren't sitting for more than a few minutes when I looked over at her - and she was ON HER BELLY!

WE MISSED THE FIRST SUCCESSFUL ROLL!

I was so disappointed. There she was on her belly, holding her head up proudly. I guess I will just have to settle for witnessing the second roll.

No comments: