Monday, May 2, 2011

We only produce girls

So I only progressed to 5cm by 5:45am.
My water broke a little, so my doctor helped that situation.
By 7:50am I was 9 cm dilated, but it took a while to get to 10cm.

I started pushing at 10am.
I had a great nurse and a really good family medicine resident with me (in addition to John).
BTW - John did great!

The 4 of us had a good time in between contractions - joking, laughing, and chatting.
They were AWESOME - so encouraging and nice.
I pushed for about an hour and a half - and she was here!

Alena Mazurek (pronounced "a - LANE - a") - people keep asking!

Born 11:27am
8 lbs, 2 oz
20 inches long

So happy about a successful VBAC!!

Just for a refresher - my dad now has 3 daughters and 6 granddaughters!
PS - Luci loves her so much already!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely! So happy for you all!

Katherine said...

Congrats! So happy for you! Good job!

slowly growing old together said...

So happy for you - and proud that you had a successful VBAC. Looking forward to seeing you and meeting Alena later this month. Much love to all!

J. said...

Yay! Congratulations:)

Statistically speaking, one of you just has to have a boy sometime!

Carla said...

Jill - you would think!!!

#19 said...

Congratulations!!!

Arathi said...

Wonderful!!! Congratulations!! Such a cute baby!