Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chunky Monkey!

That is what Alena is! We went for her 2 week check-up yesterday and we all (the pediatrician included) were amazed with her weight:

Birth weight - 8 lbs, 2 oz.
2 wk weight - 9 lbs, 4 oz.

I guess there are no issues with nursing. Actually, I have to cut her off at 20 minutes each feeding because she sucks so fast that she was spitting up a little more than I liked. Luci did the exact same thing.

Nights are more routine now - Alena will wake up around 2-2:30am and then again at 5-5:30am. Not too bad for 2 weeks old. I am just hoping that she will start with longer spans soon - yeah, I know - keep hoping!

Other than that - things are going very well. Luci has adjusted to Alena better than I had ever hoped. She loves her little sister so much - she is always concerned about her whereabouts, why she's crying, which boob she is feeding from, etc. One less thing for me to worry about!

We are all amazed at how much Alena looks like Luci - the only exception is that Alena's hair is a little darker.


Luci:



Alena:


Here are more pictures.

No comments: