Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good reads!

When I first saw the trailer for The Hunger Games movie, I was not intrigued.
I had never heard of the book series until after the movie was released.
I had no interest in seeing the movie or reading the books.

Then I would hear people talking about the books-
how good they were,
how they couldn't put them down,
how they had read all 3 books in one weekend.

I became curious.

I saw the first book for $5 at Sam's Club.
So I bought it and read it on vacation.

Seriously - I couldn't put it down.

I watched the movie - pretty good adaptation.
Of course the book was better.

It took me a while to get to the store to buy the other 2 books.

I started book 2, Catching Fire, on a Friday afternoon,
and finished book 3, The Mockingjay, by Monday night.

Yes, they are THAT good!

I may even read them again soon!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Car-

I have to agree, I was VERY hesitant about these books but my sister kept asking if I had read them yet. So I read the first one, and loved it. Same for the second one. The third one I kind of got lost and bored, but still it was good. Not sure about the ending though, I am still absorbing it and trying to figure out if I liked how it was wrapped up.

Mrs. said...

I never thought I would like these either. I loved the first one and the second one is next on my list!

J. said...

LOVE the Hunger Games. I just finished book 2 and need to request book 3 from the library.

Dr.Purushothaman said...



An Excellent Blogpost Relevant to the Topic. It really generates a new thinking pattern in the viewers. Please pursue with your Blogging Activities.
Living In Wellbeing


solon salles said...

VISITEI SEU BLOG AGORA VISITE MEU BLOG EVANGELICO.
fimdostempos77.blogspot.com
dihitt.com

Jesse Deever said...

★★★★★★★★
SWEET! I just got a free Minecraft card code at http://minecraftget.com/
★★★★★★★★