Saturday, May 5, 2012

Motivation is a must!

I ran track in high school - just to do something when swimming ended.
I ran in spurts ever since.

But the furthest I ever ran was a 5K.

A friend has proposed something that I don't think I can pass up:
Rock-n-Roll 1/2 marathon in Pittsburgh on August 4th.

A bunch of Lady Gator Swimming Alum are on board,
which makes it even more enticing.

Training will be a challenge for me with working part time,
being on call every other week,
taking care of 2 little ones,
and having a husband who works A LOT during the summer.

My solution - getting up early on my days off and getting my
run in before the girls wake up.

Hope I can do it!


4 comments:

slowly growing old together said...

That's how I do it - especially during the summer when it is light early. We could "meet" for a run via phone and run together! Also, join DailyMile and we can track and comment on all your runs.

August 2013 is going to be epic!

J. said...

You can definitely do it!

Becca said...

You can do it! I know you can!

Kate Purdy said...

you are great