Thursday, February 2, 2012

January 2012 - Alena 9 months

We hit some big milestones between our 2 girls this month!

Alena is crawling!
She has been trying for over a month now, but the other day she was motoring around like a champ. I am not sure how I feel about this accomplishment - it's bittersweet because I love that she is growing up and developing well, but now I have to be sure to keep my eye on her all.the.time!


Her transitions to crawling were hilarious. First it was the usual: on all 4's, rocking back and forth, and legs sliding out behind her, accompanied by a frustrated cry. However, she then started a new stage of crawling: on on 4's then straightening her legs to a down-dog position. I wish I could take credit and say that she was mimicking her mother's yoga positions - but let's be real - do I really do yoga? Luci is potty-trained!


I really backed off the month of December - she was really disinterested and with the holidays, it was difficult to stay consistent. Then in January, I didn't push anything, and she became totally compliant! We did have a few days of accidents as I posted earlier, but now we are on our 16th consecutive day of no accidents! I am so proud of her!


We went to an open house for a preschool at our church on Sunday. It's a little sad to think that Luci is old enough for school already - sniff, sniff. But such is life! I still want to look at one more school whose open house is at the end of February. Ironically, it's the preschool that I attended when I was little!


We have been enjoying the little bit of snow that we have gotten so far this winter - we were able to play outside a few days, but the 60 degree days melted all the snow away! This is the strangest winter that I remember in Pittsburgh. I just wonder if we are going to get hit hard in March or if we are going to have a really ugly summer - I am hoping for the former!

4 comments:

kevin21 said...

Cheap Newport Cigarettesis one of the online retailers & wholesalers that providing tax free Newport Cigarettes, we have Alabama, California, Chicago, Florida, George, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, New York city, New York states, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas stamp in stock. All stamps are offered for free (each pack come with a piece of stamp), we also can make new stamps as your demand.

kevin21 said...

Cheap Newport Cigarettesis one of the online retailers & wholesalers that providing tax free Newport Cigarettes, we have Alabama, California, Chicago, Florida, George, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, New York city, New York states, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas stamp in stock. All stamps are offered for free (each pack come with a piece of stamp), we also can make new stamps as your demand.

KAMELIA said...

hi not really sure how I ran into your blog, but it just popped up....anyway it is kind of funny though cus I love Nicholas Sparks to, and a lot of other crime novel writers, your kids look really nice and I wish I had some all A footie to watch but there is only european here.....

marionette said...

Bonito blog!!! Las fotos son muy tiernas!!!

besos

www.marionaworkingmum.blogspot.com