Thursday, January 19, 2012

Regression then progress

Things were going well with Luci and potty training.

We started a sticker system on the calendar:
For every day she did not have an accident - she got a sticker for the day.

As you can see she did great for the better part of last week - and then it stopped! She is totally trained with peeing on the potty - I don't even have to remind her anymore! She tells me and goes on her own.


Pooping on the potty was a different story.

She started to hold it in -
so when she had to go, it was a 1-2 hour game of torture where she were tell us that she had go potty, sit on the toilet for about 10 seconds and then not do anything.

This would repeat about every 2-5 minutes - NO JOKE! - for 1-2 hours!
That is until she would have an accident.
Therefore - no stickers for those days.

Then all of sudden - it clicked.

Twice today she told me that she had to poop on the potty while I was tied up with Alena.
She went into the bathroom on her own, pulled down her pants, got on the toilet, and did her business!

I am so proud of her - hopefully we are totally trained now!

I can't imagine pooping on the potty being scary, but I guess it was for Luci!

No comments: