Thursday, July 7, 2011

For Real?

When my sisters and I were young, we danced.

There was a local dance studio and many of our friends and neighbors danced there.

They even had a dance company that was competitive - the head honcho there (Abby)really wanted us to join, but it meant a lot of time and a lot of money. My mom didn't want to commit because we were involved in other activities as well. Abby and my mom got into a fight over my mom's decision, insulting my mom and telling her that she was wasting our talent and that my parents' money would be better spent in her dance studio. Needless to say, we left the dance studio.

Now don't get me wrong, this turned into a very successful dance studio - I have friends who have gone far in the dancing business as a result (ie Rockettes, Broadway, even movies).

We just heard about a new reality show starting next week on Lifetime -
check out this website and watch the video. Here's another website.

Good decision, Mom!

Yes - that is where we danced and that is the lady my mom fought with!

The ironic thing is that I want to start Luci in a dance school and I WAS considering this studio because it's so close to my house - NOT ANYMORE!