Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Luciana - 8 months

This has been a very busy month for little Luci - 1st Thanksgiving, going to see Santa, getting Christmas pictures taken, putting up the Christmas tree, and getting ready for the holiday craziness.

As I just posted, we got her ears pierced. I know that some people probably think that I am nuts, but I know a lot of people that have done it this early (or earlier). My justification: she is young enough to never remember it, she is too little still to realize that they are even there and therefore won't play with them (which equals no infections), and I don't want to fight with her when she is older. She cried for about 20 seconds and it was over...MUCH better than shots!
She is trying to crawl. She can get up on all fours, rocks back and forth, and then her little legs fly out from under her. She gets really frustrated at times, which is so entertaining! She is pulling herself up now - it takes a while, but when she does it, she is so proud of herself.

Aunt Dani and Aunt Ree bought her the Little People Nativity scene for Christmas. They gave it to us early so that we could put it under our tree this year. This is the best gift! She loves it so much. I can just sit her in front of the tree and she plays with it for hours, and she doesn't even go for the ornaments.

Her new trick is clapping her hands...it's so adorable. She even does it at the right times. For instance, I took her to one of John's swim meets last night and she was clapping her hands as though she was cheering for the swimmers. She was the hit of the meet.

She is feeding herself now with finger foods. It fun to watch as she concentrates so hard to pick up the little pieces and aim for her mouth...I secretly love it when she misses! Despite the fact that she is eating solids, I am still nursing and my milk supply seems endless. I am sad to think that I am only going to be nursing her for only 4 more months, but I can't wait to be done with pumping!

We wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Here are pictures from the last month:

No comments: